Anonymous asked: 1!
I have a studio in a community arts centre. I dug these three out of my laptop; they were taken a couple of months back.
My desk, complete with festive skull ~
My various glues, solvents, inks and brushes live on the desk constantly.
The rickety old dresser I adore.
5. My inspiration can come from almost anywhere. Because that’s not exactly a helpful answer, my current collage pieces are influenced by my mother’s old photo albums from the 50s and 60s, tessellated tile patterns and patchwork blankets, and vintage illustrations from old books.
Body painting is another story; that inspiration comes from my models and materials. Some people and colours just make my ideas overflow.
13. Hands. Always hands, and feet. I find them tricky, so I sometimes try to avoid them. I’m currently a little out of practice when it comes to life drawing, but that was always most difficult.
15. I swear at my work. When I’m working on larger pieces, or anything for an exhibition, I go through a phase near the beginning of the process where I grumble at it. And pace around.
I’ve noticed I do this most when I use ink washes, because you need to be careful not to overwork a piece, and patience is necessary….which I have less of if I have a clear image in mind and want to get it out….
Artist asks ~
- 1: Take a picture of your workspace.
- 2: Show your pencil case and what’s inside.
- 3: Show a thing you last drew, no matter how small or a “doodle” it is.
- 4: Lineart or coloring?
- 5: Who/what inspires you?
- 7: Draw a same pic with your dominant and non-dominant hand.
- 8: Redraw one favorite piece of art by other (internet/tumblr) artist.
- 9: Do you have any OCs?
- 10: Draw a gijinka of your blog.
- 11: Do you listen to music when you draw? Favorites?
- 12: Favorite thing to draw?
- 13: Least favorite thing to draw?
- 14: Draw a pic of yourself like how you look just now.
- 15: Any weird artist behavior you admit doing?
Concentric circle tests ~
#darkroom prints and slides and books and files and cakes. http://ift.tt/1npc0Wr
Friday; cake and photography day!
This week we discussed the holiday photo, and shared our work on the topic.
Flying piggies in the workshop!
I’m rather enjoying the various tools and effects in Hexels. I think I shall end up buying the pro version ~